Internships provide an excellent setting for professional development, workplace discipline, subject-specific job experience, and networking opportunities.
An internship experience can help you explore and nurture your interests in a career field. At the same time, internships give you a valuable opportunity to further develop your skills so you’ll have a competitive edge and a network of professional connections to aid you in your future job searches.
Computer Science Teaching Assistantship Application Form
Please copy and paste the questions below into an email message, and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
COSC 395 will include periodic training sessions in which all TAs will meet and discuss teaching practices and their current TA experiences.
- Graduating Year:
- What computer science courses have you taken at SMCM, and with which professors?
- What member(s) of the Mathematics and Computer Science department has the best understanding of your computer science ability?
- Why do you want to be a computer science teaching assistant?
- For what courses would you be willing to TA?
- If you have been a Math/CS TA before, what course(s) have you assisted?
- For what courses or instructors would you most like to TA, and why?
- What semester are you applying for? Please list your tentative course/activity schedule for that semester.
- Thank you for your application!