The Office of Information Technology will be continually updating our COVID-19 pages with resources to help you learn, teach and work remotely.
Note: Many documents are shared via Google Drive and will require your SMCM username and password for access.
Please refer to the following pages for specific details relevant to students, faculty and staff:
Student Resources to Learn Remotely
Faculty Resources to Teach Remotely
Staff Resources to Work Remotely
Need help meeting your technology-related needs?
General Information to Learn, Teach and Work Remotely
Do you have adequate computing hardware at home? You will need a laptop or desktop computer that can function reliably If you were not issued a SMCM laptop. Also think about any peripherals you might need, such as a printer, scanner, webcam, headset or a second monitor.
- Test making and receiving calls from home. Do you need a headset?
- Test your home webcam if you plan to use one.
- Back up and work on your files from Google Drive.
- If you plan to use your personal computer to work remotely, make sure you can access your email or other G Suite tools.
- If you require Microsoft Office and do not have it installed, use Office 365 for Mac or Windows.
- Collaboration: All students, faculty and staff can use Google Hangouts Meet, Zoom, or Blackboard Collaborate to create a common virtual space.
The College is not providing printers for home usage at this time.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your Google account
Need to access your voicemail from off-campus? Follow the instructions below.
How To Access Voicemail Off-Campus
Call forwarding allows you to forward incoming calls from your desktop phone to a different destination, such as a mobile device or voicemail. Calls will not ring on your desktop phone. If you miss a call, a voicemail will be left in your SMCM phones voice mailbox.
- Be aware of and take precautions against phishing attacks.
- Download and install a VPN application.
- Be sure to install all updates for your operating system.
- Install an antivirus application and keep it up to date.