Some of the accommodations provided at SMCM require additional agreements to support their implementation. These agreements are linked below.
Please note: To minimize paper sharing in Fall 2020, many of these agreements processes will be replaced by email communication or Google forms from the Office of Accessibility Services. Agreement documents are included here for reference.
- Audio Recording Agreement (Jan 2020 update). [for students and instructors]
- Testing Center Agreement Form (Jan 2020 update). [for students]
Students are encouraged to manage sharing their accommodation letters with instructors and using this form for tracking the conversations. They should be in touch with the Office of Accessibility Services if this is a problem or otherwise is a barrier to their access to the classroom experience.
Modified Policy Agreements
- Modified Attendance Policy Agreement. [Fall 2020 template]
- Modified Deadline Policy Agreement . [Fall 2020 template]
The OAS will contact instructors of courses in which students with the Modified Attendance Policy or Modified Deadline Policy accommodations are enrolled. Instructors will complete the templates above; the completed forms are provided to the students to help them know the parameters of how these two particular accommodations are managed. If students encounter difficulties related to their need for accommodations that challenge the limits of these agreements, they are advised to contact the Office of Accessibility Services for support.
- How to send Accommodation eligibility notices to instructors
- Alternative Text Format Request Procedure
- Return to Learn Protocol
- How to schedule an exam in the SMCM Accommodate system (for students)
- Title II Regulations—Americans with Disabilities Act
- Title III Regulations—Americans with Disabilities Act
Request Alternate Text Files
You can start the process to request accommodations at SMCM by clicking the buttons below:
For new requests for students new to our office
For students already officially connected to our office