The discipline of biology is extremely broad and deep.
The biology curriculum ranges from introductory courses for biology majors and non-majors to advanced instruction in the various sub-disciplines in biology.
Upon completing their study of biology, a student should be able to:
- Understand scientific terms, methodologies, theories and practices
- Communicate scientific knowledge in oral and written form
- Understand and interpret scientific literature
- Acquire an extensive understanding of the science of biology
- Apply scientific theory to other disciplines
Why Study Biology?